Assembly Permit Rules for Miami, Florida.
Permittee acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. This permit is not valid without the written approval (i.e. signatures on the permit) of the Police and FireDepartments.
2. All closed street(s) must be completely barricaded by the City’s Public Works Department.
3. The permit must be submitted to the Miami-Dade Police Department-Miami Gardens District and the Miami-Dade Fire Department listed on the permit. Please note that the Police Department requires at least 5 working days advance notice.
4. If the noise level or attendees’ conduct becomes objectionable to the area residents, the Miami-Dade Police Department may terminate the event, at their sole discretion.
5. Permittee shall bear all responsibility for any damages to the public right-of-way and shall clean up the right-of-way following the event.
6. The sale of merchandise or services is expressly forbidden in the public right-of-way.
7. Permittee shall comply with all codes and regulations of the City of Miami Gardens, Miami-Dade County and the State of Florida.
8. Permittee acknowledges that it has read this permit and agrees to follow all rules and guidelines as directed.
This permit is subject to Permittee satisfactorily submitting all requested application materials, and full payment of all designated fees. It is the responsibility of the Permittee to be aware of these rules and guidelines as well as all applicable governing laws. It shall be Permittee’s duty to insure that all employees and agents of Permittee are knowledgeable of and abide by all rules and guidelines and applicable governing laws.
9. Permittee recognizes that the City wishes to maintain its rights of way in pristine condition. Permittee agrees it will take no action that would cause damage to the Permitted Area. In this regard, Permittee agrees not to cause damage to the landscaping or foliage to the Permitted Area. Permittee shall not cause any litter or debris to be left in the Permitted area.
10. Permittee agrees to provide all emergency access required by the City and its employees for the safety and welfare of the community and those attending the block party. If, in the course of Permittee’s operations, the City or its officers, agents and employees become aware of any condition in or about the Permitted Area which may be dangerous, Permittee shall immediately correct such condition or cease operations upon
being notified, so as not to endanger persons or property.
11. Permittee shall assume full responsibility for Permittee’s conduct and for the conduct of its employees, agents, and any other person associated with Permittee and shall defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless the City and the City’s officers, agents and employees from any claim, demand, suit, loss, cost or expense or any damages which may be asserted, claimed or recovered against or from City or the City’s officers, agents, or employees by reason of any damage to property or personal injury, including death and which damage, injury or death arises out of or is incidental to or in any way connected with Permittee’s use of the Permitted Area. This indemnification includes, but is not limited to, the performance of this permit and application by Permittee, the operation of the Permittee, and its use of the Permitted Area hereunder, or any act or omission of Permittee, its agents, servants, contractors, patrons, guests or invitees and includes any costs, attorneys’ fees, expenses and liabilities incurred in the defense of any such claims or the investigation thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed a waiver of sovereign immunity by the City.
12. Permittee shall obtain and keep in force at all times during the full period for which the privileges here under are granted, a policy or policies of public liability and property damage insurance, protecting the City, its officers, agents and employees against any and all liability due to death, injury or damage to property arising out of, or any way incidental to Permittee’s activities. Permittee agrees to provide the policy or policies in comprehensive form, in an amount of not less than One Million ($1,000,000.00) Dollars combined single limit, per occurrence, bodily injury, including death and property damage. The insurance policy shall also contain broad form contractual coverage applicable to this application and permit and, specifically, including the indemnification and hold harmless clause contained herein.
Additionally, Permittee must provide that the City is listed as an additional insured on all required policies.
Permittee shall obtain a certificate of insurance evidencing the coverage described on all required policies.
The standard insurance certificate language that states “Endeavor To,” must be eliminated. Such certificate of insurance shall be submitted to the Public Works Department prior to the date of the Block Party.
13. In the event that the City is required to file legal action against Permittee to collect any amounts due under this application and permit, the City shall be entitled to its costs of collection, attorney’s fees and costs, and interest at the maximum rate allowable by law. The laws of the State of Florida shall govern this application and permit and venue shall lie in Miami-Dade, Florida.
Upon approval by the PWD, an original and three (3) copies of the permit are provided to the Permittee. Submit the permit to the Miami-Dade Police (Miami Gardens District) and Fire Departments at the locations listed on the permit. A representative of each of those departments will sign the original permit, keep a copy, and return the remaining copies to you. Please be sure to keep the signed original and have it available during the event. A signed copy shall be returned to PWD’s Engineering Division in person.
WHEN APPROVED, A PARADE AND PUBLIC ASSEMBLY PERMIT SHALL BE
ISSUED AUTHORIZING THE APPLICANT TO CLOSE THE STREET WITH THE
PROPER APPROVAL AND PAID FEES. IT IS SUBJECT TO REVOCATION IF THE
APPLICANT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH ALL PERTINENT LAWS, RULES, AND
REGULATIONS INCLUDING ANY CONDITIONS OR RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY
THE CITY OF MIAMI GARDENS.
I hereby certify that the statements contained herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand
that if I knowingly make any false statements herein I am subject to such penalties that may be prescribed by law or ordinance.