THIS GEORGE BUSH resume was originally written and prepared by Kelley Kramer for Buzzflash and appears on their website as a BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY. When we found this we thought is was a brilliant concept and wondered why all candidates for President in 2004 wouldn’t just run against Bush based on his resume alone? If this can’t convince voters he isn’t fit or qualified or suited to hold any public office, what will? But we also felt, why stop here? Why not let everyone with good information add to this resume and help us continue to expand it even further? Surely, there must be lots more we could add to this resume if we put our collective minds to the task. So, if you have something you would like to add or even something to append with more detail, send it along for us to post. Please try to read the “original” resume. Then, if you have time, read what has already been added to this resume. Next, fill out our online form to submit your resume additions to us. If you want your name to appear beside your comments, you can add your name, city, and state. You can also add your email address in case you would like us to respond back or others to respond back to your input. All of these fields of course are optional. It is the policy of this site not to share this information with anyone, however, this does not guarantee that someone reading our site wouldn’t capture your email address if you choose to leave one online. Also, please read our disclaimers at the bottom before sending us material to use.
Feel free to email this resume to all of your friends. This project can really succeed if everyone pitches in to help!
George W. Bush Resume “Original”
(Note: We have made and will continue to make minor edits to the original resume to add
Past work experience:
- Ran for congress and lost.
- Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.
- Bought an oil company, but couldn’t find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
- Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took private land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.
- With father’s help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.
Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. For two years in a row, Houston had the most days of high ground-level ozone [correction from viewer JP]. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
- Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court and voter fraud committed by brother Jeb and Katherine Harris in Florida.
Accomplishments as president:
- Attacked and took over two countries.
- Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
- Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
- Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
- Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
- First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
- First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
- First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
- After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.
- Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.
- In my first two years in office over 2.7 million Americans lost their job. No Bush president has ever created one net new job yet.
- Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
- Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.
- Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
- Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
- Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.
- Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
- Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
- Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
- Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/)
- Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
- Most secretive and un-accountable presidency of any in US history.
- Members of cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the ‘poorest’ multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).
- First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
- Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
- First president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
- Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
- Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
- First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.
- First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
- Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
- Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
- Withdrew from the World Court of Law. — corrected by a viewer who commented that Bush withdrew our signature from the ICC, the International Criminal Court, which is a different body than the “World Court” or ICJ.
- Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
- First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
- All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
- My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
- Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
- First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
- First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
- First US president to establish a secret shadow government.
- Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
- With a policy of ‘dis-engagement’ created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
- First US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability. Many people consider me a bigger threat to world peace than Saddam.
- First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
- Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
- Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
- Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden ‘dead or alive’.
- Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
- In the 18 months following the 911 attacks, successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
- Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
- In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.
- Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
Records and References:
- At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available). I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver’s license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been “lost” and is not available.–updated by Dave from IN
- AWOL from National Guard and Deserted the military during a time of war. I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
- Refused to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
- All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father’s library, sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.
- All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.
- All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.
- Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.
- For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncler James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)
To read the next group of resume additions…
Send us your additions
Send a link to this resume to all of your friends
Fair Use Notice: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, economic, democratic, domestic and international issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.